Saturday, July 31, 2010

Beneath the Ridge...

Sweltering, panting and gasping for air as we wound our way around the crowded streets of downtown Conway, AR on a small photography test, I was crouched by a small fountain across the street from one of the most popular restaurants in town when I heard that familiar sound......

Distantly, above the hot streets and car noise and the wafting smell of expensive, grilled restaurant food, above the 100-degree air and cutting through the atmosphere like a hot knife through butter......that sound of manmade power. Turning my attention from the fountain I was supposed to be concentrating on, I found something imminently more captivating. Who are you, up there? Where are you going? And what do you see when you look down at us?


No comments:

Post a Comment